Friday, October 28, 2011

Step 1: Get a Website


I know I had said that I was going to write about PTC sites and my experiance with them, and I plan to still in the future as I learn more about them.

For right now, I want to share some other tid-bits I have learned.

The biggest thing I have learned a person needs to make money online it to have your own website. You can use a blog, similar to this one, but the free blog sites tend to have ToS (Terms of Service) that restrict how much promotion you can do there.

There are several places you can build your own free website, like Yola.com or Weebly.com
You can pay for your own domain name and hire someone to create and maintain your website, and there are tons of very honest and talented people out there. My Dad is an excellent graphic artist, as is my sister, and that is what they do for a company for a living.

My recommendation, which is too expensive for me right now, but I plan on getting it in the future for continued growth and expansion, is SiteBuildIt! ($29.99/month) They have tons of online assistance, they have all the tools you could ever need to build your website however you want, they deal with all the hosting and domains and everything. They are an all-in-one service and I think they are the best out there, at least that I have found. 

Yes, if you shop around, you can very likely find things cheaper and piece together from all the various services everything you could possibly need and want. But you have to keep track of everything and it can be a real hassel. If you're good with attention to detail, awesome! I'm not. 

I like to have everything all in one place and all laid out for me, with step-by-step instructions. But I also like to have control over all my content and be able to take care of things myself, instead of waiting for someone else to be able to take care of it. SiteBuildIt! gives me the tools I need to be able to take care of everything on my own, but still keep everything all in one place and organised for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment